Monday, October 29, 2018

Holiday Seasons are Upon Us!

Happy Days or Crazy Holidays?

Image Source
Normally when talking about Holidays there are 3 types of people. The people who love holidays way too much, the ones who despise them, and the ones who don't care one way or another. The third group of people are the ones who are most likely too busy to enjoy what the holidays have to offer. The ones who despise them probably have a negative experience surrounding it. Therefore, it is up to the ones who love the holidays way too much to have enough cheer for all of them. Shall we start with thanksgiving? 

Image Source
The one thing I can tell you is a tradition in our house is to have my Uncle, who we never see, over for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom spends all day in the kitchen slaving over the hot stove. Mom was so relieved when my sister and I were old enough to be useful in the kitchen. We always had all the fixings! Candied yams, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, ham, pumpkin pie and my absolute favorite green bean casserole. Let me help you guys out with my favorite recipe, no one does it better than French's!  https://bit.ly/2JoYpjM. Yes, my favorite part of Thanksgiving is the food and seeing my Uncle Dave. I'll tell you what is not my favorite part, cleaning extra hard for when the family comes over. My house ever since I can remember has been cluttered and always needed time to 'be presentable', as my mom would say. We never had that problem during Christmas because it was always the immediate family. 

Image Source
Now Christmas was always my favorite holiday as a kid, as it is for most. I loved it then because of the presents. I love it now because of the joy that it brings, the sweaters people wear, and Christmas movies, Hallmark has the best! I love that most people are a little happier around Christmas and people are a little more grateful and caring. I think it brings out the best in people. It also brings out the best sweaters! Things get stressful though around Christmas, most can agree. People realize what they don't have and feel bad that they can't give more to the people that they love. I think that a big reason why people are more kind around this time of year. You put yourself in other's shoes and that is when people are grateful and care. Now I'm just sounding like a sucker. Enough about me! What are your favorite traditions for the upcoming holidays. Anyone celebrate holidays not talked about here? Comment below and let us know! As always, Hannah Lynn 

1 comment: