Sunday, November 25, 2018

See You Later! *not a goodbye*

No 'goodbyes' here, only 'see you later's 

Head North was fake, but Hannah Lynn is not!

The ultimate purpose of this blog was to help me run a thorough beta test on my social media strategy plan. I made the plan in a social media strategies course at the technical college I attend in my second semester. In the third semester, we take a class called digital marketing campaigns and launch it. Now last semester when we learned about blogs, I thought to myself "wtf, how am I supposed to do this?". My first blog was pretty bad too! That was September 14th, now it's November 25th and I've successfully authored 10 blogs for my mock business Head North. You bet your ass I'm proud of how different 'Pipe-in up' compared to 'and so it begins'. Other purposes include getting used to writing blogs, authoring content catered to a target market, and getting good grades.
The topics that I covered differed greatly from beginning to end. At first, I produced content that was geared at the season or 'holiday' that it was, it wasn't really aimed at my target audience though. I was just trying to get people to read my blogs and I was trying to appeal to anyone. Those were the blogs with topics like Autumn, adventuring our town, Halloween, and Season's greetings. I wrote good content for them but didn't aim it at my target audience. The election was a little better than the rest, but I digress. I think that the best topics I had and blogs I wrote related right to my business. I know in a 'real-life' situation people that are going to a tobacco shop are going to read blogs that pipes, E-juices, and smoking alternatives. Those I think were the best blogs that I wrote. The type of blogs that my persona in my social media plan would have read. I didn't have her in my head or a clear picture of my business or voice at the beginning. It grew exponentially. 
I think that I learned many things about blogging and social media in general this semester. I have to say that I honestly LOVE blogging. Like if I had better grammar, spelling, and punctuation, I could make a killing! I would love to do this once a week for a job, beats making pizza, and I did that for 6 years! The other thing that I learned about blogging is that it is A LOT of work. I think to be a good blogger you have to do research, then research more, and then research your sources. You also have to be careful about the pictures you use and the things that you say. You want to be diligent and mindful, not only of the content that your produce, but how you reflect your business. Is this in sync with my style guide and the voice of my company? Is this going to be offensive? You have to constantly be aware of how your target will portray your blog. 
I have learned more things then come to my head right now. I think the biggest thing I learned in doing this was, It is not about me. I want to thank all of you for reading my content, even knowing it was fake. I know it didn't matter to the ones who actually read it. It is you that are one of the reasons for this blog. Thanks again and as always, Hannah Lynn. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi thanks for your post!
    Someone would be going to ask when did vaping start? and how to start vaping? It is commonly stated that the modern e-cigarette was invented to quit smoking in 2003 by Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik acccording to Wikipedia. Vaping, now as a healthier way of life, have become more and more popular! you should definitely use vaping as a way to give up smoking. Here are 15 tips for reference to start with your vaping life!
    How To Start Vaping c

    ReplyDelete