Monday, September 24, 2018

Adventuring Eau Claire

Exploring our City

What does Eau Claire have for you?

Image Source
I've lived in Eau Claire, WI, since I was 5. I can only recall a few memories of living places other than here. This is my home, and might be forever. Its not a bad place to call home overall. Eau Claire has this special sense of community. Everyone that lives here always says 'Eau Claire is the biggest small town ever'. It is so true too! I think that is why many people live here for their whole lives, or they move away for awhile and end up returning later in life. It is because of the opportunity Eau Claire truly has to offer for everyone. Many people do feel a special type of way towards their hometown, but Eau Claire isn't even where I was born. However, it reeled me in by raising me.
Image Source
That was then and this is now though! Eau Claire has changed very much in the 20 years I've lived here. I moved here in 1999, the population was 60,223. Now it has grown by almost 14% and has 8,364 more people in it. Maybe it is turning into a big city after all. We are getting great companies like https://www.visiteauclaire.com and http://volumeone.org. These offer information about awesome stuff going on around the city and maybe even in your neighborhood. It's great for anyone and everyone who wants to just get out and enjoy our city. It's companies that embrace our city's natural beauty and pleasant sense of community, that truly benefit Eau Claire as a whole. Who wants to live in a crappy city with stinky people? No one. 
So, what is going on around Eau Claire then? Eau Claire companies, organizations, government agency's and others are always thinking of different ways to keep different things going on around the city. The two sites above Visit Eau Claire and Volume One have awesome event lists depending on what you are into. Family feel, adult fun, or a moderation of the two, they have whatever your into. Otherwise you can also look on some news sites as well. I know WEAU has an even calendar at https://www.weau.com/community/calendar/?/. Its always great to use on-line resources in assisting in planning activities or finding more information about them. 
Image Source
Whats the point though right? For me personally, I get so wrapped up in the busy stuff of life like working, raising my kids, and then trying to relax or enjoy myself. It's great to enjoy the simpler things in life, 'stop and smell the roses' right? What better way then embracing the beautiful town that we live in! Maybe I have too much love for the EC, but if I call this place home I better dang enjoy it! Take advantage of what it has to offer for you! Have a great week ya'll and get ya butt's out there and enjoy the beautiful town we live in. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post that made me think of when I first moved to Wisconsin when I was 10. It truly is crazy how much this little town has changed over the years. I remember some old timer back in the day telling my folks that Eau Claire would be as big as Chicago in 20 years...Nice thought, but boy was that crazy old man wrong.

    ReplyDelete